First Insured is seeking an experienced and career-minded Commercial Insurance Producer to assist in rapidly expanding our commercial division. This is a full-time exempt position with company benefits and room for advancement for the right individual. Earning potential is uncapped.
Position Overview and Summary
If you are just looking for a new job, please stop now
. If you're looking for a career
- keep reading.
As a both a growing independent agency as well as MGA for a well-known A-rated multi-billion dollar insurer, we are seeking an experienced
commercial producer to grow our commercial business in Texas. This is a key position within the agency with room for advancement for the right individual. Ideally, the successful candidate will have an existing book of business that may be purchased or otherwise brought over to First Insured.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Assists in the development of both individual and division sales objectives and meets those objectives
- Creates and maintains an active commercial prospect list
- Request referrals from existing client base and respond to the referrals quickly and effectively
- Performs field underwriting and due diligence to pre-qualify prospects for insurability and quality of risk
- Identifies the client’s insurance needs, gaps in coverage, and loss exposures (insurable and uninsurable)
- Obtains accurate information from prospects; including completing applications, supplemental questionnaires, risk surveys, and other documentation in order to provide complete, comprehensive submissions
- Designs insurance programs and recommends insurance coverage to clients
- Prepares and delivers quote proposals to prospects
- Follows up on open quotes
- Reviews client’s insurance programs annually and makes recommendations
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients and prospects to minimize potentials for E&O claims
- Accurately documents client files as to coverage discussions, quotes, declination, and coverages change or declined
- Travel as needed to build and maintain strong relationships and close business
Key Measures of Success
- New Business production (approx. $1.5M annual GWP)
- Acceptable annual loss ratios of written accounts
- Client relationships as measured by agency feedback
Required Skills, Key Competencies and Experience
- Successful "A Players" ONLY. We have high-expectations of everyone in the agency and there is no place for under-performers
- High school diploma
- Active Texas Property and Casualty license
- Minimum 3 years successful commercial insurance sales experience
- Intelligent and reliable self-starter with well-polished communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in English (oral and written)
- Ability to demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities
Preferred Attributes and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required
- CIC and/or CPCU designations
- Experience with Vertafore AMS360
- Bilingual in Spanish
Benefits To Joining The First Insured Team
- Competitive Pay with increases possible based upon performance
- Long-Term Career Stability
- 100% Fully-Paid Company Benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
- Two weeks vacation the first year
- One week personal time off
- College Tuition Fund for children of employees
- Work with other experienced "A Player" peers
- Beautiful working environment in Northwest Austin (Arboretum)
First Insured values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, First Insured is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
First Insured does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes and we will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources.
In order to be considered for this opportunity; send your resume, cover letter, and a list of at least five references to Mark Cannary at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.